Friday, September 07, 2007

Flowers

I was blessed this year that my mother was able to bring flowers from PA in the spring for me to plant at our house. The area I was raised in has the most fabulous greenhouses that I've seen anywhere and the prices are usually 50 - 75% of what I have to pay here in the city. We put together several planters and hanging baskets that just were beautiful this summer. My aunt MaryLou sent me a planter for Mother's Day that also did wonderfully this summer (it's the one in the black pot). Thank you mom!





4 comments:

Charity said...

Beautiful, Marianne! I really like the combinations you put together. I'm finding there are two parts of gardening: 1. keeping the plants alive and 2. knowing what looks good together. I'm still working on step 1 ;o) You're an inspiration :O) And those mints look yummy! I must admit, I'm a big fan of all things "minty."

Martha C said...

These are beautiful! SC was not kind to my flowers. Maybe it was the slugs. . . I couldn't keep anything alive.

Dixie said...

Your flowers are so pretty. My flowers didn't do so well this year. They struggled for a little while and then totally gave up. Probably a little more attention on my part would have been in order.

Springer Family said...

I miss PA flowers!! Texas doesn't have flowers in abundance. :-( Yours look great!!!