Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weird week






As I said, with school dismissed it made for a really strange week. We were able to do things together as a family that I didn't think we'd be able to do again until next summer so that was fun.

On Friday the 19th we celebrated Daniel's second birthday. Because the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel was very uncomfortable he didn't get the cake he originally wanted but he seemed quite pleased with the dinosaur. We went to the Brown's and celebrated with a seafood dinner and cake and ice cream. It's hard to believe the little guy has been in our family for two years already. He has added a whole new dimension to our growing family ... and given us a few gray hairs in the process!

After celebrating his birthday I came home to work on some projects Friday evening and Saturday while the guys went camping at the Brown's in our new tent. Someone placed a sum of money in Philip's mailbox at school and we used some of it to purchase a tent to go camping. The boys had a blast. They built a fire and enjoyed the great outdoors with their daddy. I went an picked them up at suppertime on Saturday. This gave me some added rest and time to work on projects that need more than 15 minute time blocks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable cake. Blake's birthday is on Sunday and I thought I might attempt a dinasour cupcake cake that I saw advertised in Walmart. After seeing this one though... so cute!

Charity said...

Wow! I love the cake~ so unique and well, perfect! Did it have growling effects? ;o) And the tent~ really nice. I think even I, yes, even I could sleep in something that nice.

Unknown said...

You did a great job on the cake. The tent is nice. I'm sure you will have lots of fun making memories as a family in it.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

What an adorable cake. I love it!! Could have fooled me that you were having trouble with your hands. Very nice!! So sorry you had to put up with "Ike". We were lucky and he missed us. I heard though that you all had quite a bit of wind. Hope everythings getting back to normal. And who knows, maybe you needed that time with the family.

Brenda said...

What a cute cake! Lucky boys to have such a creative mother!