Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trip to Pennsylvania

It was a joy to be able to spend a week in PA over the last part of February and the first of March. Philip was holding revival in York, PA which is about 2 hours from my parents so we took the boys with us a made it a "vacation". It was nice to see my dad and mom again and for the boys to enjoy some more time with Grandpa and Grandma. My mom had some pretty good days while we were there which I'm thankful for. Grandpa and Grandma both read lots and lots of books (although the boys seemed stuck on The Sphinx during that time period), colored, and played for hours on end. And my guys loved it - they just have a hard time understanding why we can't do it once a week or so :o)



In the evenings my brother and sister-in-law would come over and wear the boys out before bedtime. Side note: After a streak of seven boys in the family, we've just learned that April (my brother David's wife) is expecting a girl. So my parents are going to get their first granddaughter sometime in July! In looking through pictures thought I don't have any shots of them....other than the evidence they were there by mom son's headgear!

One afternoon while we were there we saw the most amazing thing. I happened to look out the deck doors and the sky was just full of flocks of Canadian geese (strangely enough they were heading south) As far as you could see to the left and right there were geese and the noise was incredible. They were flying pretty high so it was difficult to get a good picture.

While there we were able to see some relatives that we hadn't seen in some time. On Sunday my Uncle David and Aunt Miriam came for lunch with their son Jason. Then Monday my Aunt MaryLou and Uncle Jeff brought my grandma Miller for a visit. My grandma hadn't ever seen Daniel or Stephen so It's been at least 4 years since we'd seen her last. She doesn't look like she's 80 does she?! We had such a wonderful time! I'm so glad they made the trip!




All too soon it was time to head back to Cincinnati. But we take the memories with us and look forward to when we can do it again.

No comments: