Thursday, November 03, 2011

Heaven is for Real

My mom learned first hand tonight that heaven is for real! She met the God who has walked with her hand in hand down a very long, painful road and I believe if she were able to, she'd tell us it's worth it! She got to see her dad again and meet for the first time the son/daughter she had before I was born. God gave her to us for 56 years and we are so much better because of her life and example. I'm so blessed to have called this lady "mom"! And oh, how much we will miss her!

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

So sorry for your loss, Marianne. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Esther

lauralavon said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Marianne but so happy for your mother's gain! You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Kara Plank said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. She was a wonderful example of God's strength and faithfulness.

Dixie said...

Marianne, I'm sorry for you loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

Hugs!

Liz said...

Thinking of you endlessly this week. So sorry for your loss - Heaven certainly grows sweeter all the time.
Love,
Liz

knightfirstlady said...

Marianne, I'm so sorry to hear the news of your mom's passing, although the hope of seeing her again makes the pain easier to bear, I'm sure! Please share our sympathy with your family, especially Jennifer, since Paul and I both were in college when she was also. Praying for your family at this time that the comfort of the Lord's tender arms will surround all of you during these hard days! Love from Sharon, Paul, & boys

The Dickinsons said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. But I know that she is happy and healthy in Heaven. You are in our prayers!

~Heather~

thy kingdom come said...

Marianne, I just ran across your blog and read your post about your mom's passing. I am also sorry for your loss, and can only imagine how much you miss her. May God give you real comfort each day.

Collette Burch

Kimberly said...

thinking of you during this Christmas season...thankful your Mom is enjoying all that we can only imagine. Blessings.