Monday, November 17, 2014

A New World


Daniel entered a new world today - or perhaps it would be accurate to say that he's seeing the world in a new way. As a mom I feel a bit chagrined that I just now caught on - don't you just hate that feeling that you're responsible for making sure everything is okay and then you find out you missed something pretty big?! He discovered today that you can actually see the individual branches on the trees behind our house, that the jumper I'm wearing has little flowers embroidered on it.

But you know what was really sad......I put them on his face, he blinked a few times and said, "You have wrinkles on your forehead!" I blinked and he quickly followed that comment with, "You look really, really good mom!"

So now we enter a world an unfamiliar world.....at least to me. If any of you have children with glasses I'd be interested in hearing any wisdom you have that relates to the subject: keeping them on, not losing them, good places to buy, ect....



2 comments:

Dorcas said...

What a handsome young man you have there!! And I'm sorry, but I chuckled out loud at his response when he looked at you and made his first statement. The second one was really good :o) I haven't been reading blogs lately, but am glad to have read this one! Haha!

MarianneBrown said...

Don't kids say the funniest (and most honest! things?