Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home from the Hospital

We spent most of the day in the ER due to my dehydration, nausea, and vomiting. After 3 liters of fluid, a bunch of medications I'm actually feeling about a 7 (up from a 1 this morning). We probably would have been home sooner but I had some adverse reactions to the phenergen (Philip can tell you more about those than I can - all I know is twice people can into the room {and once two of everybody came in} asking me strange questions!) So for now I'm on Zofran every 8 hours or as needed to keep the nausea under control, and plenty of fluids. Hopefully the vomiting will stop so the cycle will not start all over again. We'd appreciate you helping us pray that way.


Justin and Jennifer Harris said...

Hey Sis, just wanted to let you know we are praying for you! I so badly wish I was there to help out. I really feel for you! Mom called and gave me all the info. I'll call in the next day or so. Lots of hugs and kisses to the boys and of course you! Love you lots!

Faithe said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well -- but not sorry to hear why!! :-) As you know, there are better days ahead; just wait and see. Until then, take it easy (as much as a mother of two little boys can) and only do what you have to do. Love you bunches!

Angie said...

Congradulations on the exciting news!! So sorry you have been so sick! Will be praying for you!

Toots said...

So sorry you are sick! I do remember feeling miserably sick for three months with each of my girls but not to the point of what you're going through! I pray you'll soon be over this, and that the pregnancy will then go smoothly.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Congradulations!! A new baby is so exciting. Sorry your feeling so poorly. I hope you get better soon.

Nancy said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. I know it must be rough when you have two needy little ones! Also, congratulations!!! I think I forgot to tell you that when you called the other evening...I was too stunned LOL!

Martha C said...

Ugh! Been there - done that! Nausea can be so crippling. During my pregnancy with Silas, Zofran became my best friend! :-) The frustrating thing is that nine years ago when I was pregnant with Seth, they would send me home from the H and tell me to wait it out. I begged for meds and was told there was nothing. Now they have all sorts of things for nausea. At least you know there is an end in sight - a very special end, too!

Beth Stetler said...

I feel your pain. I was so sick with both of my kids, I ended up having IV fluids, too. It wasn't just "morning" sickness, it was all day. But, after 3 months it went away. Thank the Lord. Hang in there.

Marianne Brown said...

Jen - you remember these days?!
Aunt Faithe - I'm finding that housework will be there when I'm glad Grandma can't see it right now!
Angie - Thank you.
Toots - Three months...I'm holding my breath it doesn't last that long.
FL mommy - Thanks.
Nancy - sorry for catching you off guard! :o)
Martha - I remember your stories...and am glad Zofran worked for you.
Beth - Three months sure can be a long time can't it?! I enjoy having Maria in class (she's a top notch student) and I sure hope I can get back to teaching when school starts this week.