Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Interesting news

Well, put it this way...this news is more interesting than most things I post. And the news is.... we are adding a new member to our family this fall. That's the good news. We're very thankful for this new little one God is entrusting to our care. Another piece of good news is that I've lost 10 lbs in the past 2 weeks.

The bad news is I'm already experiencing the "pregnancy glow." You know: pale face, wan smile, cold sweaty hands, greenish tinge around the gills. As if I needed more things to pack in the diaper bag, now I have to add a bottle of mouthwash! Philip told me we shouldn't tell anyone the news until I could at least smile about it but I think this nausea is here to stay for awhile. Allan was very excited at first but the longer it goes he's getting very upset that the baby is making me so sick. He told the little person the other night that, "You need to stop making mommy sick...it's not nice!" So if you see me out and about (that's a big if!) I may not be smiling very big but I'm still feeling very blessed.

I will try to post pictures soon....as in the next three months.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wish I could empathize with you on the sick part (or do I?), but praying you'll be feeling better soon. Our third will arrive early August.

Take care,
Pam Asbury (www.carlivia.blogspot.com)

David and April said...

Congrats! Another nephew..or niece! Cool beans! This Christmas should be very interesting!! With 2 new additions! I hope you feel better! It's never any fun being sick! *HUGS*

Dixie said...

Congratulations on a new member to your family!!
Sorry you aren't feeling good.

Maria said...

Congratulations!! I feel with you on the being sick part!! Thankfully with this one I don't throw up everyday the entire time like I did with Bradyn. I hope you will be over that part soon.

Springer Family said...

Congratulations!!

Liz said...

Congratulations! What a privilege! Allan will get more excited as the day approaches. Gracie's birthday is today and she really wanted this little guy to come today . . :>) The anticipation has been even more fun with these little ones to share it with . . .

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Love,
Liz

Martha C said...

How exciting! I always love to hear of solid Christian families that are multiplying! :-)
Sorry to read about the sickness. I am not too far removed from that stage. It is wonderful to be on this end of it!

Char said...

YEA!!!! Sorry about the nausea but SO HAPPY for you!!!!! You know, my sister delivers at an Amish Mid-wifes' home and she has a pretty much fool-proof plan to get rid of nausea...something with juice... I never tried it as I usually felt better at 3 months.

sarahmfry said...

Oh. Wow. I'm excited, jealous, nervous, tired and sick for you all at once!

The hospital visit sounds horrendous. Those miserable first 4 months of pregnancy are one of the reasons I think adoption is such an incredible option. (Not to mention those lovely last 4 humongous months.)

I wish for you a calm stomach, steel nerves, helpful friends, quiet children, restful nights and a compassionate husband....

Blessings, friend. You'll be in my prayers.

(Wanna hear something funny? The only thing that seemed to quell the sickness with my last one was STEAK! I'd fix one for breakfast and the solid protein would bring sweet relief. I know - expensive kid.)

Becky Yoder said...

Congratulations!!!!!