Sunday, March 22, 2009

Deals of the Week




Usually I don't blog about my deals but this week was too good! For those of you who don't know: I do subscribe to the Grocery Game and I watch Cincinnati Cents and Money Saving Mom. This week I wasn't able to go to the store until 9:00 Saturday evening and I was afraid the deals would be gone (all of the Walgreens deals had been wiped off the shelves) but low and behold...some of my fellow "thriftmisters" left me some deals at Kroger. (for those of you not familiar with Kroger - they have unlimited double coupons. Up to 50 cents they're doubled, anything 51 cents and above is doubled to a 1.00 and any coupons 1.00 and up are face value) Kroger was also running their Mega even sale: Purchase any 10 of selected items and get $5.00 off your order.

Here's what I got:
- 3 bottles of shampoo (usually 6.69 on clearance table for 3.37 and I had 2.00 in coupons)
-2 dozen eggs (88 cents/dozen)
- 1/2 gallon orange juice (no in picture - usually don't buy due to price but on sale for 88 cents and have sick child)
- 2 lbs bacon (B1G1F)
- onion (49 cents/lb)
- 6 Huggies Gentle Care wipes (sale for 2.50 and had 5 of the $5 huggies gentle care coupons - made 2.50/box
- 4 Johnson's Buddies Soap (99 cents - had catalina coupons for 3.50)
- 3 Scotch Brite Sponges (1.99 and had 3 coupons - paid 49 cents each)
- 2 3packs of Irish Spring soap (1.50 and had coupon- paid 50 cents each)
- 1 pkg Vanity Fair napkins (2.38 sale plus coupon - paid 1.38)
- 1 pkg Dixie paper plates (luxury but couldn't resist since I only paid 79 cents for package of 46)
- 3 Heavy Duty Ziploc freezer bags (3.19 but with sale and coupons paid 1.19)
- 2 boxes Beachnut Baby Cereal (usually 2.98/box closeout at 1.09/box boxes had "peelies" for 1.00 off so I paid .09 cents per box!)
- Colgate toothbrush (sale for 1.00 had 1.00 coupon = free)
- Blistex lip balm (1.00 - coupon = .30 cents
-5 pkgs Schick Razors (usually 7.49/pack - on clearance table for 2.00/pack)

Anyhow: the final analysis

Total worth of items purchased: $117.24
Total paid out of pocket after sales and coupons: $20.52

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I've been thinking that I need to join the Grocery Game but haven't done it yet. It sure is fun to have shopping trips like that!

Char said...

YEA!!!! I'm smiling for you!