Thursday, June 04, 2009

Cakes



Cake business has been kind of slow lately. Mostly it's my fault. I don't advertise and word of mouth can be unreliable. I have one wedding this summer but so far that looks like the only major project. Several weeks ago I did a baby shower cake for one of the Aldersgate Christian Academy teachers who is having her first child. I was asked to use organic sugar and learned that because organic sugar is unbleached it turns icing a very nasty gray color. Hence the different (but not ugly) shade of blue. The graduation cake was for Seven Star Academy's (their logo is a star made of sevens) first graduation. That was fun and super easy. Daniel did manage to eat off the corner boarder while I was swapping out a load of laundry but otherwise everything went smoothly.

No comments: