Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shopping Trip this week


I made a trip to CVS this week for the free school supplies. I don't remember what the value of the items were that I purchased but I paid .09 out of pocket and received $13.00 in ECB to roll over for next week. Staples had some sweet deals so I picked up some more school supplies. With sales, coupons, and rebates I paid $2.02 for $17.54 worth of items. Walgreens had some good deals this week (.99/box cereal and $5.50/jumbo huggies diapers) so I made a trip there but can't find my receipt to see what my savings were.

Kroger was running their "buy 10 participating items and get $5.00 off your order" this week and so I did some stocking up. I purchased 6 pkgs of Yoplait Go-Gurt, 2 bags of broccoli, 3 chuck roasts (on sale and then they were reduced for quick sale), 3 pkgs of Tilapia fish that were reduced for quick sale(Philip is coming home Monday so I thought I'd fry fish as a special meal), 1 can of mandrin oranges, 1 Aquafresh toothbrush, 3 pkgs of Kleenex, 1 bottle of Softsoap, 1 package of Irish spring soap(3 bars), 1 pkg of Dixie paper plates, and 6 pkgs of femanine products. The total before store sales, promotions, coupons and reduced for quick sale was $88.76. I used $25.10 worth of coupons and with store sales paid $45.69 out of pocket.

Summers are always interesting since Philip doesn't have a paycheck for 10 weeks. But in the spring when we're eating meals in the cafeteria I use the grocery money to stock our freezer with meat so that I'm usually only putting out money for perishable things through the summer months. Until another year I think we're going to need a bigger freezer!

No comments: