This time of year can get really busy so I wanted to catch up while I can. We've been doing many other things to:
1. Attended the GBS F/S Christmas dinner held at Higher Ground Conference Center. The meal is always so wonderful! This year there were a choice of meats (ham or a pecan topped chicken breast with a really nice glaze on a bed of rice) mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with almonds or a broccoli/cauliflower/carrot blend, a lettuce salad, and homemade rolls! For desert we chose the apple dumplings with cinnamon ice cream. Ahhh.....very nice evening (not that all nice evenings include food but I'm very fond of good food).
2. Family Pictures - we'd not had a family picture taken since Stephen was a baby so we wanted to do that this year. I always enjoy taking the boys to get their pictures taken - there's a part of their personality that never is seen unless they're in front of a camera and this year was no exception. All three of them did so good and it made it very hard to choose one pose out of the 106 options given.
3. Church Christmas supper was this past Friday night and it was again a fabulous feast! It was nice to spend time with our church "family" who have become so dear to us over the past six months. I've gained a new appreciation for the body of Christ and how it operates! I couldn't ask for a more wonderful group of people to call "family"!
4. The church Christmas program was this morning! Allan was an angel...and was thrilled about being able to wear a pair of wings. Daniel did very singing and wanted to know two things afterward: 1. Did he do a good job singing? and 2. Did we see him picking his nose?
5. I'm not remembering a lot of other things right now. Three weeks ago I got a case of poison ivy that just won't quit. Due to scratching I've also developed an impetigo infection so... waiting for the antibiotics to work and praying it goes away quickly...it's really hard to sleep when you keep waking up scratching yourself!
6. This week is going to be our "Christmas Cookie Baking Extravaganza" and a wedding Friday night. Other than that...no big plans. All the Christmas shopping is done and I'm wrapping them as they arrive. This year has necessitated slowing down the pace and being more realistic about expectations for the holiday season. I've found I rather like it! This might become standard.