Friday, October 04, 2013

Wrapping up summer


Now that summer is winding down, I'm getting my kitchen window sills back!

We harvested the apples last week and they were beautiful and delicious. I'm very impressed with the size and quantity on just a three year tree.

Earlier in the summer I redid the ironing room painting it a light tan and putting up a picture and one of my favorite scripture verses.


The jury is still out from what I might do with this Stella Cherry Tree. Last year I posted about it's weirdness and after some research I lopped the entire thing off at 5 feet tall. This year it started branching out really nice and then the deer came up and ate almost all the branches off from 2 feet - 4 feet. So once again it looks very lopsided! I may just whack it off at 5 feet again this year and see what happens. Cherry trees have to be pruned vigorously but as of yet, I'm not sure I've been doing it correctly - we've not had any fruit off of it - not even a blossom. After the deer ate the bottom branches off the boys thought it looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

No comments: